Thursday 25 April 2013

This Weeks Makes...................

Just a couple of thing made over the last week or so. Kelly my niece asked me to make a new cover for the bouncing cradle for when her new baby arrives, I used the old cover as a template and ended up with this.


My sister Janice asked me to make her a beach bag, so I added a pocket inside on this model.



Did any of you see the Great British Sewing Bee ? Last week they had to make a little girls dress with
shirring elastic, this is something I've wanted to do but thought was really difficult, how wrong I was, with my new found knowledge I decided to give it a go, I used the machine to load the bobbin, that seemed to work well.

 

 

 
Reading sewing blogs, watching the GBSB and watching tutorials has inspired me to try a host of different things, and I'm enjoying my sewing more and more.

Not sure what's in store for the next couple of weeks, definitely more little dresses with shirring though.


No comments:

Post a Comment